Chocolate Brownie Cake Recipe
1. Toned Milk- 1 1/4 cups
2. Vinegar- 1 1/2 tablespoon
3. Maida- 1 1/2 cups + 1 tablespoon
4. Cocoa Powder- 1/4 cup
5. Soda Bicarbonate (meetha soda)- 1 teaspoon
6. Powdered Sugar- 1 1/2 cups (less 1 tablespoon)
7. Oil- 1/2 cup
8. Vanilla Essence- 1 teaspoon
9. Walnuts (crushed)- 1/4 cup
1. In a pan, boil milk and remove from fire. Add vinegar (to make soft paneer). When the milk starts to curdle, keep the pan on fire again for 30 seconds. Let the paneer cool down.
2. Sift maida, soda, cocoa powder and sugar. Mix all these ingredients in a bowl.
3. Now slowly add oil and paneer along with the whey of paneer in the bowl of maida. Add the essence. Mix all the items well in a batter.
4. Take a baking tin (preferably 8 inches square). Grease it with oil and dust it with maida. Pour the batter into it. Sprinkle walnuts on the top.
5. Preheat the oven for approximately 10 minutes. Keep the baking tin with the batter at 160 degrees for 40 minutes.
6. Take out from the over. Let it cool and then cut it in pieces. Top it with brownie icing.
1. Cocoa Powder- 1 1/2 tablespoons
2. Icing Sugar- 1/2 cup
3. Hot Water- 2 tablespoons
4. Butter- 1 teaspoon
5. Liquid Glucose- 1 teaspoon
6. Lemon Juice- few drops (5-6)
1. Put a pan on hot water for indirect heating (a hot tawa can also be used).
2. Add all the ingredients in the pan; let the ingredients melt into a sauce like consistency. Cool and use.
– You can enjoy your brownie with vanilla ice cream and also use the brownie icing separately for ice cream as well.
Notes- 1. If you are using icing sugar instead of powdered sugar while baking, then use a little more quantity (preferably 1-2 tablespoons) than mentioned since icing sugar has less sweetness as compared to natural powdered sugar.
2. The oil to be used should be a refined oil or olive oil.
3. Do not use ready made paneer for this recipe. Make the paneer as described above and do not leave off anything in the pan. It is very important to use all the paneer made along with the whey.
4. After adding all the ingredients, mix them using a spatula by a ‘cut and fold’ method. You might need to do this for approximately 15 minutes.
5. You can also use a Silicone Cake Mould instead of the traditional baking tins. It is better than a baking tin since you don’t need to grease it and can pour the batter directly into it.
6. Use measuring cups and spoons for the ingredients. Estimations might mess up your cake.
7. For the brownie icing, the liquid glucose which is easily available in Indian markets is the Solar liquid glucose.
Hope you like the recipe! Do try it and let me know the results..